Easter was a feast with lots of delicious food. But as usual, it was way too much. Time for some healthy and light food. The Bell Pepper and Tomato Soup recipe was inspired by my friend Sally, who cooked it last week as a starter for me and some friends. I love (almost) everything that is roasted, so for me this one is a real treat.
Roasted Bell Pepper and Tomato Soup
Servings: 4 // Prep Time: 15 minutes // Cook Time: 30 minutes
4 medium sized bell peppers (red and green), chopped
5 large tomatoes, chopped
1 large sweet potato, sliced
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
2 medium onions, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
2 tablespoons tomato puree
1 tablespoon cumin powder
½ tablespoon roasted bell pepper powder
½ teaspoon of black pepper
½ teaspoon of Himalayan pink salt or sea salt
3 tablespoons olive oil
How you can do it:
- Preheat oven to 180° C
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and arrange the chopped bell peppers, tomatoes, sweet potato, garlic, onion and celery on the tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with cumin and roasted bell pepper powder. Mix with your hands until everything is covered with the oil and spices.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until slightly charred.
- Remove the roasted vegetables from the oven and add them into a medium sized sauce pan. Cover with water. Bring to boil and add tomato puree, salt and pepper. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Take the pan from the heat source and blend with a hand-held blender or transfer into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Ladle into bowls and serve warm.
As a side dish I recommend a mixed green salad with red bell peppers, some walnuts, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.